Here is a list of some of the things I am looking for at the moment,by no means all models, some full size stuff I'm after too!
If there is anything here that you can supply me with please get in touch with as much detail as possible (colour,condition etc) with ideally an idea of how much you want. I am also quite happy (in fact prefer) to swap for anything that you see for sale on the site (kits, Scalextric cars etc) of a similar value or with cash adjustment.
Click on list below or scroll down to see what I am after
Obvious really, any 1/32nd scale models of older saloon cars, particularly British and especially Triumphs. Airfix of course, plus any plastic kits, Hong Kong etc plastic toy cars, anything considered in any condition, built, broken, left overs from slot conversions, you name it.Also Triumph saloons and Spitfire/GT6 models/toys (not after Vanguards etc) in any scale.
Particularly after the Airfix Morris Marina, or bits there of.
Tri-ang Minix plastic cars (1/76th for model railways) particulary the Austin Cambridge (A60), Ford Thames Van and Vauxhall Victor/Cresta, any condition
Just a few things at the moment:-
Might be interested in some Minic Motorways to play about with, cars, chassis etc plus maybe some track but must be cheap!
Model Cars magazine issues (have some swaps)
Models Roads and Raceways magazine issues
Triang Magazine - any issues
Any scale, mainly of British bikes but certain older Japanese bikes too. Again any condition.
Airfix (or Heller, same kit)1/8th Norton Commando roadster, SS or Hi Rider. Also the airbox parts on their own would complete a model.
Airfix (or Heller, same kit) 1/8th Honda 750/4, also the instructions for the 750/4 racer would be a great help
Airfix 1/12th BSA C15 or parts there of, particulary the transfer sheet,can swap for Ariel Arrow transfers or a good scan would do
Airfix 1/16th Ariel Arrow, or just the handle bars
Protar 1/9th Norton Commando
Protar catalogue 1990? The one with the list of every bike kit they ever made in.
Revell 1/24th BSA A10
Britains bikes, especially the choppers and Triumphs
Pyro/Life Like etc BSA A65 (Lightning Rocket I think they call it), also tyre (rubber),tail light, headlamp lens to complete a model, built kit would be OK if cheap.
Any other obsolete British bike models
For 1979 Triumph 750 T140E Bonneville (US spec)
- export seat (drop side type if you know what I mean) - must be new or good as
- any other parts considered
For 1976 Honda CB360(G)
- side panels (same as CB250G5 I believe) green would be nice but any colour
- any other parts considered
For 1981 Triumph Dolomite (1500HL)
- rear seat back rest (with arm rest) in beige draylon(?) must be good or better (and local!)
- radio speaker in GWO
- boot mat, good or better
- rear wheel arch repair panel (drivers side)
- wax stat to normal conversion kit for twin SU carbs
- any other parts considered
Seeking information on Elgen Amplifiers, made locally to me somewhere around 1965 to 1975. Any information at all would be of interest. Also very interested in a 50/60W valve powered example either lead (preferably) or bass in the fetching burgandy vinyl with pink plexiglass control panel (looks better than it sounds) in any condition, including not working. I owned a bass version 20 years ago and sold it without realising its local connection.Have various valve amps for possible trade.Also other (cheap) valve amps or parts there of wanted and Gibson SG (or reasonable copies) guitars/bases. Condition unimportant but not too far from South Bucks!
Hornby, Lima, Bachman, Tri-ang etc
To see what trains I currently have listed for sale or swap click here
Always interested in swapping or buying 00 guage model railway items, particularly Bachman or recent Hornby products but also some Tri-ang, Tri-ang/Hornby and Lima items. Interested mostly in DMUs/railcars but also early diesels in BR green or pre tops code corporate blue and late crest BR steam engines plus a few coaches etc. Non runners/damaged etc all OK if priced accordingly!
Some examples, other stuff also required!
- Bachman class 24 or 25 diesel, preferably in green but also early blue livery
- Any first generation DMUs, Hornby class 110, Hornby/Lima 101 and 121 bubble car, Lima 117, Bachman, DC kits etc. Preferably in green or blue (rather than blue/grey) liveries but any livery/condition considered.
- BR Mk1 coaches, in either BR maroon, BR Southern region green or Inter City blue/grey or possibly other colours if suitable for respraying
- R36 tender for R350 4-4-0 (preferably BR green) and pick up (S5871?) plus undamaged bodyshell,
- any parts for Hornby 9F 2-10-0 Evening Star (pair of wheels, pick ups, valve gear plus many other parts) or complete engine or chassis, body not important, doesn't have to run,
- X549 heater element for synchrosmoke unit, several required
- Satelite for Battlespace satelite launcher and trackside switch,
- Track switch/ramp for 60s Mail coach (or just the spring) plus switches/collection/drop off bins for newer version to see if I can get it to work on my sons layout
- good bodyshell for R152 08 diesel shunter, preferably black but green ok, not warped!
Driving axles (or complete motor bogie), preferably with METAL drive gears, for the old Triang Transcontinental diesel and the plastic box that clips underneath.
Old Triang or Triang/Hornby catalogues in readable condition (can swap for Scalextric ones)
Car transporter wagons with Minix car loads, or just the cars.
Ringfield powered diesel locos (late 70s onwards, usually have nickel plated wheels) - Hymek (preferably green), split headcode type 3/class 37, Western, also class 25, 29 etc, basicaly any diesels in BR green or blue liveries. Lima, Heljan, Bachman etc ones also welcome!
R555 etc Blue Pullman might be nice, centre coaches especially required - these are Nanking blue and white (not grey) and have black and silver under gear, they are not the ones that say "Golden Arrow". Also Hornby "short" mk 3 coaches in poor condition for conversion project
BR steam engines - of recent manufacture Hornby or Bachman
Motors/power bogies (working or not), motor brush gear, driving gears, couplings, side rods etc - any useful bits and bobs really
Will give very good rate as swaps against Scalextric etc or buy, job lots considered